Romantic love is beautiful and exciting. It is sparked by mutual attraction and how the beloved makes us feel. But by definition it is destined to wear out and must be replaced by something more enduring. Consider what the Bible says in Colossians 1:3-5b: “We always thank God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, […]
“At the root of each and every sin, and each and every problem is unbelief and rejection of the gospel. People who are immoral and people who are moral both reject the gospel when they try to be their own savior.” Tim Keller, Romans Bible study page 4.
I recently downloaded a Bible study authored by Tim Keller on the Epistle of Romans. It is available as a PDF download from www.redeemer.com at the online store. I found the study on Galatians tremendously beneficial and could not wait to dive into Romans. First lesson, Paul writes verses 5-6: “…Jesus Christ our Lord, through […]
Recently I was reading through Luke 22 and came to the account of Jesus foretelling Peter’s denial of Christ. I will list it for you below: 31 “Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you,[d] that he might sift you like wheat, 32 but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. […]
Here is a great article on what it means to be a biblical woman. Take time to read and consider the implications. http://www.sometimesalight.com/1/post/2012/11/mad-men-june-cleaver-and-biblical-womanhood.html
“Little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth.” I John 3:18 I know what you believe by what you do. I know you care by how you act. If you love your brother or sister it will be visible.
It was 8 days and 15 minutes without power. At first we had a lot of family bonding but when the temperatures fell to 40 some degrees in the house we were ready to return to the 21st century. Actually it wasn’t until the power went back on that I realized how stressed the 8 […]
At 8:15 pm tonight we will complete one full week without power. In some ways I feel like we are living in A Little House on the Prairie story. Many people have offered to host us and even drive to us to bring supplies. We are very blessed to have so many kind people in […]
In the churches where I work in central and north Jersey we have no power or heat. This means I have no place to schedule appointments. As soon as I am able I will reschedule all cancellations with my clients. At the moment I am writing this post from our local Panera since we have […]
In my last post I quoted Professor David Powlison of www.ccef.org and www.wts.edu who says “Love moves toward people.” This phrase has stuck with me since my first class with Dr. Powlison. It serves as a plumb line to help me see where and when I veer off from God’s truth. When we move toward […]
- I Do Believe; Help My Unbelief! August 8, 2012
- Two-Fold Imputation July 25, 2012
- Spoiled? October 19, 2012
- Promises, Promises April 2, 2013
- God’s Grace is the Soil in Which Humility Grows May 10, 2012
- Thoughts on Marriage 36 Years After the Wedding July 17, 2014
- Why Do I Sin? September 3, 2013
- Romans 1:5-6 August 29, 2013
- Promises, Promises April 2, 2013
- June Cleaver- An Example of Biblical Womanhood? November 9, 2012
- Dave C.: Cheryl, Thanks for this reminder. I also love thi...
- Penny: Wonderful post, Cheryl, and a real challenge to re...
- Cheryl: Penny, thanks for your feedback and your encourage...
- Penny: Cheryl, Thank you for bringing a fresh look to ...
- Cheryl: While using my wordpress app I accidently deleted ...